Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Origins Zero Oil Cleanser

Origins Zero Oil Cleanser
I’ve been using the Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser for about 4 months now and thought it was about time I share my thoughts. Prior to owning this product I’d been pretty lazy with my skincare, using only the Simple Oily Skin makeup wipes to remove my makeup in the evenings and nothing at all in the mornings (oops). For ease I keep this product in the shower which means I use it without fail every morning and mostly every evening (still partial to a makeup wipe here and there).

As an oily skin sufferer, I’ve tried and tested my fair share of targeted products with nothing really doing the trick. Although the Zero Oil Cleanser isn't a miracle worker and hasn’t completely zapped away every trace of oil (not that I’d want it to) it has certainly helped to keep the shine at bay for longer and helps control breakouts.

It has a fairly thin, gel-like consistency which gently foams when massaged in. The scent is quite strong, presumably due to the mint and other essential oils, but isn’t at all unpleasant. Above all, my favourite thing about this cleanser is that it contains Salicylic Acid- my fave blemish-banishing ingredient. It helps to keep skin clear, deeply exfoliates pores and resurfaces uneven texture. 

It doesn’t come cheap at £18.50 but the tiniest amount goes a long way (I’ve been using this AM & PM for around 4 months & only used just over half the tube) so it's actually great value for money. My skin feels fresher and cleaner since using this product and, when paired with a few other products (updated skincare routine coming soon), I’m really pleased with the results. 

Do you have any oily skin recommendations? 


No comments: